Chiropractic care is delivered by highly educated professionals who are licensed in every state, recognized by the federal government and most insurance companies. Migraines are extremely painful, recurring headaches that are sometimes accompanied by other symptoms, such as visual disturbances, for example, seeing an aura or nausea. Feeling miserable and irritable, trying one medication after another, and your friends and family don’t really understand what you’re going through. Chiropractors have an extensive understanding of subtle issues occurring in the spine which, due to its connection with the nervous system, is very often the source of pain. When the spine moves out of position because of developmental issues, trauma, repetitive stress, and other incidents, it can put pressure on the surrounding nerves. Even though approximately 90% of migraines come from physical stressors on the nervous system, it is still important to consider the other 10%.
When this takes place, the cranial nerves (specifically Trigeminal Nerve) and the neurovascular system to the brain are affected. A majority of children who experience recurrent headaches have migraines. The study, conducted over a three month treatment period followed by a 12 month follow up, included 104 people who suffer from at least one migraine a month (migraineurs). Both the diversified technique and the Gonstead method focus on manual chiropractic adjustments. The nerve fibers then send messages back to control centers in the brain, which continues vessel dilation, thus kicking off a vicious cycle of violent pain. Today’s chiropractic adjustments are safe, natural and specifically address the underlying cause of your migraine headaches.